Saturday, June 28, 2014

Bygones & New Beginnings in Bagan

April 15-17, 2014 
(Thingyan Festival / New Year)




I spent the last day of the old year and the first day of the new year in Bagan. I decided to let bygones be bygones and to look forward to new beginnings. 



I listed down my fears, disappointments, hurts, and sad experiences on a piece of paper and buried the same underneath a tree guarding the hallowed grounds of one of the temples in the old city. It was a ritual I felt I needed to do. I bade farewell to the pains, but remembered to keep the lessons I learned from them. I also came up with a list of the things I want to accomplish and achieve in the next few years. I left the place with a clear mind and a very hopeful heart. All is well. All will be well. I say Mingalabar  to a new year! Happiness and adventure await!


 


   

       

  













Sending you happy thoughts...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails