Friday, November 23, 2012

The 12th Grand Wine Experience: My First!




I'm not a wine connoisseur.  As far as I'm concerned, there are two types of wine -- red and white.  That's about it.  Feel free to laugh and ridicule me, but I'm totally clueless about the matter.  I'm not much of a wine drinker, anyway.  You will more likely catch me holding a bottle of wine and pouring its contents to my kitchen experiments, than see me drinking it.


Luckily, an angel took pity on me and decided to end my ignorance.  I was handed a free pass to the 12th Grand Wine Experience, the country's biggest wine, food, and spirits event for 2012.   My angel was hoping to give me a crash course on wines. Of course I was thrilled, but what excited me more was the prospect of sampling the sumptuous food masterfully prepared by the chefs of Marriott Hotel Manila.  The glutton lil' me was so ecstatic!

With the theme  Full Expression, the 12th Grand Wine Experience promised to treat the guests to a superb line up of wines from major wine producing countries.  So did the organizers live up to their promise?  Certainly!  With more than 500 bottles of wines and spirits uncorked, everyone had their fill of chardonnay, cabernet sauvignon, pinot noir, merlot, shiraz, and a whole lot of other wines the names of which I can no longer recall.  


I'll just let you look at the photos I took.





 























Good wines were complemented by good food.... 








 


 





and good entertainment...



which turned Marriot Hotel Manila's Grand Ballroom into a grand dance floor by ten o'clock in the evening... 



So, have I learned a things or two about wines?  Well, although I can't recite all the wine varietals and identify which is which without their labels, at least I can remember the Five S's - See, Swirl, Smell, Sip, Savor (you may opt to swallow or spit out the wine).   

Cheers!


Sending you happy thoughts...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails