Saturday, May 19, 2012

Backpacking with Mom




My mom took me on a 3-day backpacking trip across Panay Island last week. I was hoping to spend a relaxing weekend in Guimaras, but she scrapped the itinerary I so meticulously prepared. She called the shots. We explored Aklan, Antique, and Iloilo. I've got a very strong feeling that she would have also dragged me to Capiz had we got another day to spare. 


To give you an idea how exhaustingly crazy our trip was, here's the route that we took:
Hearts = Rest Overnight ; Stars = Stopovers


Delayed flights, hours of butt-numbing bus rides, motorcycle adventures, dizzying boat rides, long walks under the unforgiving heat of the sun, and petty quarrels  disagreements notwithstanding, my mom and I definitely had a blast!  It sure was three days of fun mother-daughter bonding which we vowed we'd do again soon.


Now you know where I got my wanderlust. It sure runs in the family! :)


Sending you happy thoughts...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails